Costa Rican Ceviche
Ceviche is a dish ripe for variations. There are endless ways to adapt and serve it. The quantities of the vegetables can all be altered to what is on hand, although the onion and cilantro are important to the overall flavor of the dish.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound firm flesh white fish, diced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
Put all ingredients into a ceramic or glass bowl (not metal). The solid ingredients should be covered in the liquid.
Marinate for at least 1-2 hours or until fish is opaque white throughout. Add some hot sauce if desired.
Serve on a bed of lettuce, with tortilla chips, crackers or bread.